Announcement from the Cornell Cooperative Extension, Tompkins County:
FINGER LAKES ARTISAN CHEESE TRAIL
The Finger Lakes Cheese Trail is a new organization of 10 cheese producers from throughout the Finger Lakes who make artisan cheeses from milk produced at their family farms. A variety of great cheeses are being made in the Finger Lakes from English style raw milk cheddars, cheese curd, gouda and swiss types from dairy cow milk, to blue cheeses, chevre and feta from goats and sheep milk. The Cheese Trail is being organized to give consumers the opportunity to visit producers and sample cheeses. The goal is to increase awareness of the cheeses being produced in the Finger Lakes. These farms are bringing the tradition of cheese-making back to our region.
See a GOOGLE MAP to Finger Lakes Cheese Trail sites.
2010 OPEN HOUSE DATES
- Saturday, May 29, 10 AM - 5 PM, Memorial Day Weekend (All farms are open except Sunset View Creamery and you can find Northland Sheep Dairy at the Ithaca Farmers Market only)
- Saturday, July 10, 10 AM - 5 PM
- Columbus Day Weekend, Saturday, October 9, 10 AM - 5 PM and Sunday, October 10, Noon - 4 PM
- Saturday, December 11, 10 AM - 3 PM
- Holiday Cheese Shopping, Location to be announced.
- Engelbert's Farm, Nichols, 607-699-3775, www.engelbertfarms.com
- Finger Lakes Dexter Creamery, King Ferry, 315-364-3581 or www.kefircheese.com
- Finger Lakes Farmstead Cheese Company, Mecklenburg, 607-387-3108 or www.fingerlakes-cheese.com
- Keeley's Cheese Company, King Ferry, 315-730-6872, www.keeleyscheeseco.com
- Lively Run Goat Dairy, Interlaken, 607-532-4647 or www.livelyrun.com
- Muranda Cheese Company, Waterloo, 315-539-1103 or www.muranda.com
- Northland Sheep Dairy, at Ithaca Farmers' Market only, www.northlandsheepdairy.com
- Side Hill Acres Dairy Goat Farm & Cheese Plant, Candor, 607-659-4121 or www.sidehillacres.bizland.com
- Sunset View Creamery, Odessa, 607-594-2095 or www.sunsetviewcreamery.com
- Wake Robin Farm, Jordan, 315-689-0034, www.wakerobinfarm.org