Holiday Craft & Food Fair
Saturday, December 7, 2013 - 10:00am to 4:00pm Neighborhood Pride Grocery 210 Hancock Street, Ithaca 14850
Craft items made by local vendors will be for sale in the store’s café area and will include handmade jewelry, local photographs, hand-knit sweaters, handmade clothing items, and more. Nutrition educators from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County will share a recipe and samples of a healthy and affordable holiday roasted butternut squash dish. Looking for a healthy, home-made gift idea? See a sample pasta-and-beans “Gift in a Jar” idea from Cooperative Extension, and take home a recipe flier with instructions on how to make several other inexpensive holiday gifts of this kind, including mixes for vegetarian chili, brownies, cookies, cornbread, and teas you can put together at home to give family and friends. Hands-on activities are planned for children and adults. The event also will include a door prize drawing for food and craft prizes, and LIVE MUSIC ALL DAY:
· 10-10:40 - Laura J. Peters “Folk-country-rock-blues singer-songwriter”
· 10:40-11:30 - Ithaca Ukes - Ukelele Tunes
· 11:30-12:30 - Doolin O'Dey, Celtic Trio (Jerry Drunheller on fiddle, Ceili Murphy on whistles & pipes, Nora Starr on guitar & mandola)
· 12:30-1:30 - Richard Recchia “Silly covers & song parodies”
· 1:30-2:30 - Barham Lashley & Hilltopers “Bluegrass the way everyone likes it”
· 2:30 - 3:15 - Dave Caughey “Folk songs from the 60s to the present day"
· 3:15 - 4pm - Kevin Moss - acoustic rock and folk-rock from the 60s, 70s, and beyond.
The Holiday Craft & Food Fair is sponsored by Neighborhood Pride, Lilly Colon, Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County, and Get Your GreenBack Tompkins. For more information, please contact Karim Beers at (607) 272-2292 or email@example.com .