Recently GreenStar Co-op started a member-owner discount program called FLOWER to make natural, wholesome food and eco-friendly products more affordable to people with limited income in the community.
Below is more info. Questions or requests for informational materials can be directed to Alexis or Briony in GreenStar's Membership Department at 273-9392.
Fresh, local, and organic with everyone's reach
Qualifying participants receive:
- A 15% discount on most products in the store
- For those who have never been a GreenStar member before: a free, one year trial membership, good for 1 adult and any dependent children under 18 years of age
- All the benefits of GreenStar member-ownership, including voting in elections and on policy decisionsTo qualify for FLOWER, you must currently qualify for and receive benefits from one of the following programs:
- Food Stamps
- TANF - Cash Assistance
- Free School Lunch ProgramApplications are available at both store locations:
- GreenStar in the West End (corner of W. Seneca & Fulton Sts.), and
- GreenStar Oasis in the Dewitt Mall.Applications can be turned into the Customer Service Desk at the West End store (corner of Buffalo Street at Rt. 13 South).The FLOWER discount remains in effect for one year, at which time participants can reapply.For more information on the FLOWER program, please contact Alexis or Briony in the Membership Department at 273-9392.
FLOWER means more people in our community coming together and supporting a dynamic locally owned co-operative committed to offering healthier food choices, promoting social justice and protecting the planet. With FLOWER, everyone benefits – our community, our co-op and our planet.