Sunday, June 14, 2009

Dryden Celebrates Dairy Day

Under a huge American flag flying from a fire truck's ladder, both animals and community groups marched in Dryden's Dairy Day Parade on Saturday.  Dairy Ambassadors threw cheese to kids on the sidewalks, Tractors of Yesteryear chugged along, farmer walked their sheep and hauled their cows, and others joined in the festivities.  At the town park, the fun continued with $25 ice cream cones, a bouncy house for the kids, and farm guessing games (how much milk does one cow produce per year?).





4 comments:

  1. Wondering if there were any goats represented at Dairy day? Can you get goat's milk at any of the usual grocery stores, or do you have to visit a farm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there were some goats! We can buy goat milk at the local Greenstar co-op, or at the farms. I also have some goat meat in my freezer, but I don't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father is faculty in Animal Science at the University of Florida (and coincidentally restores Farmall tractors in the backyard). So I definitely connected with Dairy day though I'm downstate. Enjoying your blog!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete