FROM RECIPE TO MARKET:
A one-day workshop for new food entrepreneurs.
Presented by Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County and The NYS Food Venture Center.
Friday, Aug. 17, 2012; 8:30am - 4:30pm at CCE-Tompkins, 615 Willow Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850
Is your recipe ready to go to market? If your goal is to launch a specialty food business, then this program is for you. This one-day seminar will provide future food entrepreneurs with a grounding in food business basics, and knowledge of the critical issues to consider before starting a food processing business.
Fee (sliding scale available): $85.
- Food Business Basics: Goals, Business Plans
- Marketing: Developing a Strategy, Objectives, Research, and Communication Plan
- Panel Discussion with Local Food Entrepreneurs followed by Questions and Answers
- The NYS Food Venture Center
- Market Trends and Product Development
- Regulatory Agencies and Requirements
- Food Safety, Processing, Packaging and Labeling
For more information or to register, call CCE-Tompkins: (607) 272-2292 or go to: http://ccetompkins.org/calendar/12/07/13/recipe-market