For more listings of daily pantries in Tompkins County, see:
· Ithaca Journal, "Daily Events", page 2B
· Weekly Advantage/Pennysaver
· Tompkins Weekly
FRIENDSHIP DONATIONS NETWORK (FDN)
Food rescue and distribution program; www.friendshipdonations.org
LIST of FREE Fresh FOOD PANTRIES and PROGRAMS: May - June 2012
FDN provides produce, breads, desserts, dairy, deli, and groceries (if available) to the programs listed below.
Monday to Friday:
· Free daily meals at Loaves and Fishes. No income guidelines. All are welcome. Location: St. John's Church, 210 N. Cayuga St., Ithaca; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 12pm; Tuesday, Thursday at 5:30 pm.
· Excess is shared with Freedom Village USA: Rehab center – 160 troubled teens plus staff on Mondays
· Immaculate Conception Church Food Pantry. Seneca near Geneva St., Ithaca, 1-1:45pm.
· Bread of Life Food Pantry, 1 Water Street, Candor, 3:00-6:00pm.
· Halsey Valley Pantry, GAR building, Hamilton Rd, Halsey Valley, NY, 4-4:45 pm. NO HALSEY VALLEY PANTRY ON THIRD THURSDAY
· Snacks for TC Probation Department and youth programs
· Ithaca Youth Bureau
· 3rd Thursday (June 21): Danby Food Pantry, for residents only,
Danby Federated Church, 1859 Danby Road, Danby, 3-7 pm.
· Interlaken Reformed Church Pantry, 8315 Main Street, Interlaken, 3-6pm.
· Food is shared with four non-profit programs:
o Cayuga Addiction and Recovery Services; Northern Lights Learning Center families; outreach to low-wage work sites, youth groups, senior housing and families in trailer parks.
Saturdays and Sundays:
· Free hot meal served at Salvation Army, 150 N. Albany St, Ithaca. Saturday 12pm; Sunday 3pm (not an FDN program).
· 1st Saturday: Catlin First Methodist Church Pantry, 402 Chambers Rd., Horseheads, 2-4pm
· 2nd Saturday: Grace Lee Wesleyan Church Pantry, 2075 Chambers Rd., Beaver Dams, 1pm
· 3rd Saturday: Pantry #1 Linderman Creek Pantry, 201 Cypress Court, Ithaca Community Room, 12-12:30pm
· 3rd Saturday: Pantry #2 Sovereign Grace Baptist Church Pantry, 5 Front St, Addison, 11:45am
· 4th Saturday: McLean Community Church, 50 Church St, McLean, 1:30-2:15pm
Sundays (Alternating Weeks):
· West Village Apartments Food Pantry (5/6, 5/20, 6/3, 6/17)
Chestnut St, outside of Apt. 637, Ithaca, 2-3pm (note new time until end of June)
· Overlook Apartments, (5/6, 5/20, 6/3, 6/17)
1263 Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, Community Room, 12-12:30pm
· Reach Out For Christ Church Pantry, (5/13, 5/27, 6/10, 6/24)
318 Johnson Road, Freeville, 12pm
· Limit: 1 pantry per week.
· Suggested Monthly Income: 1 person -$1,500; 2 people – $1,800; 3 people – up to $2,000; 4 people – to $2,300