Last year was the blog's first in operation (started writing in March, publicized a bit in September), and I'd like to thank all of you faithful readers out there. Ithaca's Food Web is one of only a handful of hyper-local food news blogs in the world, and it's a work in progress.
Possibilities for the future are many, and I plan to roll out some improvements throughout the next year, so please bear with me as I work out the kinks. Here are a few (ideas, not kinks):
- a button that allows you to share content with others, using whatever platform you prefer (email, facebook, etc). Check out the one at the bottom of this post.
- improved topic tags and categories, for easier navigation.
- "food of the month" features, which will focus on many aspects of a seasonal food, including growing, cooking, and preserving.
- "survival guide" features, which will help you handle the sometimes inconvenient aspects of eating locally.
- polls, to find out what you think about local food issues.
- a directory of local food growers, producers, and restaurants... maybe...
- ...and more! (any ideas? email email@example.com)
Wishing you all a happy, healthy, and edible year ahead!